This is one of my favorite ways to make eggs in the mornings, AND it’s a great way to add fresh veggies to your breakfast! Ahh, if only I could convince my dear husband of this fact. He is a simple man when it comes to his eggs…and his pizza. I always have to chuckle when we are out at a restaurant and the waiter or waitress sets the simple, plain pizza in front of me and the everything pizza in front of my husband, and then we switch the pizzas after they leave.
Let’s just say that I love to pile on the goodness when it comes to food, that’s not to say that I can’t be incredibly picky when it comes to some (maybe a lot) of foods, but lets not get side-tracked here. I love how all the flavors come together with the variety of vegetables, plus, each one is filled with amazing nutrients that help give life and energy to our bodies! So why not throw in as many as you can?
Now, you can definitely adjust these vegetables to your liking. If you’d rather add cauliflower, green (or any other color) peppers, green onions, carrots, spinach, or anything else, feel free! You can also add diced ham or bacon to this to add a new type of flavor. The sky is the limit with these eggs. What are your favorite vegetables to add to your eggs? Let me know in the comment section below.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup small mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 2-4 Tablespoons of cheddar cheese, shredded (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 eggs, beat in a separate bowl
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium sized frying pan. Dice all vegetables and set aside. Beat eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Once the oil is warm, add the diced onions and mix for about 30 seconds. Then add in mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Next, add the broccoli and stir for 1-2 minutes until they become slightly tender.
- Once all the vegetables seemed cooked through, pour the eggs over top of the vegetables and allow it to sit WITHOUT stirring for 10-15 seconds. Then stir to incorporate the eggs with the vegetables. Once the eggs are almost finished cooking, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the cheese.* Mix until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- *You can also add the cheese to the bowl of mixed eggs before you add them to the vegetables. This cooks the cheese in with the eggs and tastes great as well!