Okay folks! This is it! The most simple and delicious banana bread recipe that I have found! After trying half a dozen different recipes, altering that many more..trying, nay…slaving away to find the perfect one..my search for perfection has finally come to an end. So, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the bread of all bananas..the bread that any banana would be honored to be a part of..The Best Banana Bread Recipe (because really, how else can one describe it??).
No more waiting with anxious anticipation for your delicious sweet bread to come out of the oven, only to find that the middle has caved, or your high altitude adjustments only led to a dry, crumbly hint of what once was, or hoped to be..this recipe comes out perfectly every time (low and high altitudes included!)!
I love the simple banana flavor of this bread. This is in part because there is no cinnamon in the recipe, although you are more than welcome to add a teaspoon or two..but come on, just give it a try without the cinnamon to see how you like it. I was hesitant at first, but now make it without every time!
And if you have extra bananas, feel free to double the recipe, or try these delicious Cinnamon Sugar Banana Muffins!
I’d love to hear how you like these, please share with me in the comments section below!
- 1/2 cup oil (I use a light flavored olive oil)
- 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup honey-this reduces the sweetness slightly and is healthier, but my favorite is with the sugar ;)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I will often use 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons milk (I use whole milk, but have also tried almond milk and it works just fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Whisk oil and sugar until well blended, add eggs and mashed bananas, mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients and slowly add to sugar mixture.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and nuts (if using), and mix well.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 60-70 minutes (mine comes out perfect at 65 minutes), or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes in pan and then remove from pan and let cool on a cooling rack.